Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lamb with high temperature  (Read 3274 times)

Haylo-peapod

• Joined Mar 2012
Lamb with high temperature
« on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:32 am »
OK, so I've treated lambs with low temperatures before but for the first time I now have a lamb with a high temperature.  I guess it must be an infection so I have given her a dose of antibiotics but is there anything else I should be doing for her?

A bit of background on her - she is a week old and had a bit of a traumatic birth where we had to assist with the delivery as she got stuck in the birth canal. Her mum didn't really lick her but did bond with her. When she was a day old her temperature was slightly low (38.5C) so I put her under a heatlamp and gave her antibiotics.

She suckles well from her Mum but just doesn't seem to 'do' well- it's difficult to put my finger on what is not right but she's just a bit quiet and distant. She tends to just sleep and drink, nothing much else. One other thing is that her eyes are only half open but she definitely does not have entropian and as far as I can tell her eyes aren't inflamed and do not have any discharge.

Any ideas?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS